Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Brown Lipsticks Edit and Swatches


I have got myself all caught up with brown lipsticks. It took me a while. When M.A.C first launched the infamous Whirl lipstick, I did not get the hype. As beautiful as it was, I feel like venturing out of the hype to find other brown hued lipsticks that I like. On me, I like my brown to have a little luminosity to it, not too flat or too powdery matte because the color can be a little draining to the face. I find a little dimension to the colour uplifts the complexion, if that makes sense.

L-R: MAC Among the Fireflies (LE), NARS SLP in Het Loo, Boujois REV in Beau Brun, Maybelline Mauve 1 
In other words, these are the brown lipsticks that I have been really enjoying and I just love how it looks on me. They are all on the wearable side of the spectrum just because I am not as badass to rock a bold and dark brown lips. The best part is I have a good selection of drugstore, mid range and high end lipstick so you can rock a brown lips no matter what the budget.


First up, is the Maybelline Lip Gradation in Mauve 1, review here. The shade name is deceiving to say the least. What is this trickery, Maybelline? Is it just me who thinks that it is a brown? I guess it has a mauve undertone, maybe? It is a gorgeous lipstick, nonetheless.


This one is the least brown out of all of them. It's the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Beau Brun. From the hand swatch, it does not look brown at all but I promise you, on the lips, it is such a unique brick brown shade. I feel like there's nothing like this shade out there!!! Totally a keeper.


Now, this one is a limited edition piece but I believe you can still get it. The M.A.C Cremesheen lipstick in Among the Fireflies  is the coolest in tone out of the ones I showed here but it is a gorgeous shade of mocha nonetheless. It has a grey undertone to it but not too much that you will look dead.


Last but never the least is the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Het Loo. A warm medium brown that kinda matches my scarf too. I love the texture of the NARS Satin Lip Pencil because they stay on the lips incredibly well without moving around despite being a creamy lip colour. 

That rounds up my favourite brown lip colour I am enjoying at the moment. I never would have thought that I would love brown lipsticks as much as I do now. Maybe, it's the trend or maybe it's just pure love.


What brown lip colour have you been loving lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.