Monday, 18 January 2016

Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream: A Happy Review and An Eye Catching Observation!!


It has been a while since an eye cream made me and my eyes so happy. The last eye cream I remember that garnered the happy feeling because it gets rid of my eczema I have on my eyelids was the Origins Planscription Eye Cream. Despite it being so nourishing and moisturising,  I found something in the ingredients irritated my eyes, thus, the reason I did not repurchase. I am always one for an eye cream. They say, you can use your face moisturiser as an eye cream but I beg to differ. It is simply because, when I tried that money-saving trick, it works very poorly for my under eye area. The skin around the eyes are very different than the skin on your face, so why would you treat it the same, right? That is my logic and it's been working in my favour. So, that is why I will always use an eye cream for my eyes. I have tried a few here and there since, and they did not wow me and by they I mean Clinique Repairwear Anti Gravity, Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream, Tarte Maracuja c-Brigten Eye Treatment, Shiseido Eye cream. That is why I never talked about them in the past. However, things are about to change with the Fresh  Hydrating Rose Eye Gel Cream. 

I have got so many things to tell about how amazing this eye cream really is. Trust me, this is something worth talking and raving about because it works!! I'm sure there are so many other eye creams out there that are great and I will try them regardless, and this is one of them that I discovered myself one day when I was foraging for an eye cream at Sephora. I came across the Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream by accident and soon after trying it on the back on my hand, I just know. Being an analytical freak, of course I profusely read the ingredients and it was just like reading a symphony. The ingredients was all that I hoped for a hydrating eye cream, the texture was just right for day and night time wear and the cucumber and rose gentle scent could not be anymore soothing, refreshing and cooling. 

To start with, my under eye areas are generally very dry. If I do not take care of them, they would look so crepe-y and feel crusty to the point where my concealer would look so bad. I do not have eye bags but I do have genetically inherited dark under eye circles which truly is the least of my concern. I do have a few fine lines under my eyes and of course, I do not want to make them worse as I age. I do not have any wrinkles as of now, and yes fine lines and wrinkles are two different things. Read here. Therefore, what I seek in an eye cream is as simple as constant hydration and this does not fall short. It contains Sodium Hyaluronate as one of the top ingredients and claims to hydrate the eyes for a continuos 30 hours and maintain suppleness of the skin of the eye area. It also contains antioxidants from golden root extract. Rosewater and cucumber extract help soothe the eyes and bambara groundnut extract to hydrate. First of all, the texture is somewhere in between a gel and cream. It is adequately rich, neither too rich nor too creamy that it slips too much. It absorbs into the skin quite easily and completely without interfering with my makeup (takes a minute or two when massaged in properly) and I find just a few taps help with the blood circulation a little bit. The texture is really plush and I highly suggest you to feel and try it for yourself.

It has been a month since I used this and I have seen such a difference with constant use. My fine lines are smoothed out, my concealer is no longer creasing, under eye areas look more awake and rejuvenated, the skin feels soft and well moisturised. To put quite simply, it does amazing things to my eyes and it is rather a revelation to see it all unfolds right before my eyes. This eye cream does not irritate my eyes too which is a plus. Here is a before and after photo so you can see the difference this has made.

Before
After, see how a few of fine lines actually disappear!!

Proof enough for you,huh? If you an eye cream can't do much, think again. Both pictures were of me wearing some sort of under eye concealers with one looking so much better, of course with the help of Fresh. You can actually see my fine lines disappeared and looking less dry. I cannot insist enough for you to try the Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream to start taking care of the skin around the eyes while you are still young. I know I have started using an eye cream since I was 23, and that was 7 years ago now. 

Overall, this eye cream is a winner in my book and it has stolen the top spot for now. I know that if I find something better, I can always go back to it if I ran out of fund or something. In this current economy, we never know. Speaking of, the price for this eye cream is not terribly expensive either (RM 167) when I know other mediocre eye creams that cost horrendously more.

For anyone who wonders, these are the ingredients that are in the eye cream:



AQUA (WATER), METHYL TRIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, POLYGLYCERIN-3, SQUALANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, GLYCERYL OLEATE CITRATE, DIMETHICONE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, VOANDZEIA SUBTERRANEA SEED EXTRACT, RHODIOLA CRENULATA ROOT EXTRACT, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, POLOXAMER 407, DIMETHICONE/PHENYL VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-6, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM CITRATE, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-2, C12-14 PARETH-12, CARAMEL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL


So, are you ready an eye opening change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.